Do you want to find ways to speed up your eLearning technique without compromising on the course and design quality? Or are you looking to ensure that the e-learning templates and activities are consistent and cohesive? In this article, we’ll explore five elearning tips to create outstanding eLearning templates, even if you don’t have any prior knowledge.
An e-learning template is easy to repurpose and reuse, making it a time-saving and cost-efficient solution. This guarantees overall quality by creating a perfect template layout. The process involves designing an eLearning default template, adding crucial pages, assigning placeholders, etc. Continue reading to learn more.
1. Select an Authoring Tool
There are many authoring tools available to use. Choosing one that is essential for you might be tricky. For now, it’s safe to say that you should go for one which comes with a suitable feature template and one with a lot of pre-made content. The item’s ability needs to be compatible with the task at hand. “e-learning has a lot to offer in content”, says Jay Sommerset who is a teacher and an elearning advocate and creator who also works for PapersOwl. He continues by saying: “The platforms that are being developed these days are inspiring and have several features that can be customized to be used by almost every user. They make learning easier and fun, and which educator doesn’t want that for the teaching process?”
For instance, you shouldn’t look for an advanced video editing program if your elearning courses are powerpoint-like presentations. Additionally, the current materials can save time and effort since you don’t have to come up with your own. Assets are flexible enough to adapt to the available task quickly, and you can reuse them for convenience and brand recognition. The libraries mostly have pre-made eLearning templates that you can use for inspiration or adapt according to your goals.
2. Design an eLearning Course Layout
Formats are the crucial structure of each e-learning course. It is the frame and theme from which you build. It would be best if you got acquainted with the idea of master slides – they serve as the primary building blocks in eLearning.
A master slide helps to use e-learning design templates several times for different subjects. Because of this, it is vital to invest energy and time. It would help to focus on text size, fonts, borders, logo integration, and colors. The best Wix online course template ideas are full of these features that would be useful for every educator. Avoid adding things that will change based on a specific target audience from day to day. The important thing is to have a reusable e-learning project that you can easily customize.
3. Generate the Crucial Slides
There are types of slides that each course will have. You need to include them in your outline.
- Welcome slide: It greets your learners and has a simple description of your course.
- Instructions: It contains advice that will help students capitalize on the materials inside. You need to include an articulate storyline, course structure, and benefits here. Make sure to include the right fonts for the most readable parts.
- Goals: Set and list the objectives that your students will achieve after completing the course. It should be something quantifiable and tangible.
- Activity: It contains educational materials. Different designs need different layouts. If you plan to differentiate lessons (PDF, video, sound only, etc.), you should have a separate template for every study.
- Quizzes: Testing and assessments are a vital part of every class. It is wise to have slides with different questions such as multiple-choice, true/false, etc.
- Recap: Ensure that your users can review the details you have given them. It makes the course more effective and convenient. The page mostly appears at the end and provides external links to other helpful resources you might need.
- Next Steps: In this section, you can directly market your other relevant materials to the users.
4. Add Reminders and Placeholders
After developing models that cover all the topics mentioned above, you’re now ready for the final steps. That is adding notes and placeholders for other collaborators. It ensures that you will get sufficient space to improve the courses to the e-learning templates if need be. Reminders are also helpful elements because they ensure that your instructional design works as planned even if you miss anything at first.
You can include notes and tags in different storyboard templates to ensure that you and your team remember to include all the essentials. The more placeholders you have, the better. You have the option to reduce them after or expand.
5. Test Your eLearning Template
After everything is done, you need to review the e-learning model. The main aim should be to make the user experience good and enjoyable. Ensure that the template is intuitive and convenient to navigate. If you can, use someone outside your eLearning crew as a tester. It will help identify anything you might have missed and give you a better opinion on where to change.
If you don’t have the resources to create your eLearning model or if starting from scratch is not a choice, there are many websites designed with free e-learning templates. Try locating more generic templates that you can customize to fit your needs. For example, a layout with botanical themes might be nice for the “go green” course. However, you’ll need a more professional thing when designing a compliance training course.
The eLearning templates you select also need to work well with the e-learning development. Some layouts are challenging to customize due to formatting problems. Finally, make sure you have the user rights before using any eLearning storyboard. Some creators request clickable or attribution links that redirect users to their websites.
Thanks for being a part of this beautiful blog. Hours spent to create this web space to our visitors as much useful as we can. We're living with a pace of life and build beneficial collections related to graphic and web design. Here we come up with premium and free collections like mockups, backgrounds, fonts, wordpress themes, branding, inspiration, tutorials and informative articles for professional designers and beginners. Go ahead and let's be a partners! View all posts by decolore
- Software Coupons
- Spanish Tutor
- Backgroundabstract.com – orange abstract backgrounds for download
- Purchase a Dissertation at Edubirdie
- Free Cartoon Clipart
- Advanced Writers
- MyPaperDone.com – reliable writing service.
- MyCustomEssay.com – help with term papers.
- Premium Free Vectors
- Resources for Graphic Designers
- Online Logo Maker